new pics of my pig, 96 f150

More new ones.

I worked a bit on it this weekend. Gettin ready for the big show at Carlisle in a few weeks. For the frame in flat back bumper to bumper, both axles including the shafts and u joints on the front, the axle drop brackets are flat black to blend in, the blocks and u bolts also got flat black to hide them as well. and finally painted the driveshafts flat black. They look alot better than then the rusty mud color that was on there

I also want to try something different so I painted the rear diff cover and the "front diff cover" metallic blue. I just taped off the beam and painted where a cover would be

Startin to look pretty good. Can't wait to wash it, clay bar it, and wax it

I still got more to do. Gotta pull the springs and shocks out to do the buckets in either flat or maybe gloss black, and the springs and rad arms are gonna get blue like the diff covers. Also probably do the diff bolts in silver.

damn, just realized I never updated this thread with the finished paint and prep.

painted the rad arms, polished the wheels, though not show, I painted the spring buckets gloss black, also added steering stops so I didn't rub the paint off the arms again. full lock the tires are at or a lil less than a 1/4 inch from the arms.

couple finished up sittin at carlisle.

Last edited by offroadford4x4; 12-20-2007 at 09:43 AM.

so... its a show truck?
    2006 chevy 2500HD 6.6l duramax with edge evo.

Blog Entries
    it's a bit of both...

I rememeber laughing seeing it up at Carlisle.. most of it was clean but mud and shit was caked into the holes in the pedals.

He takes it out sometimes.. beats it up, then decides he won't do that anymore and leave it nice to take to shows... then changes his mind later... etc..etc...

hahahhah Lookin "Showy" Ron !
    85 Toyota 4 Runner
    99 Vortec 4.3L, 4L60E, 35x16 Boggers, Cryo'd 5.29's, Aussie Lockers F&R, 30 spline Super Longs, Marlin twin stick, Marlin 4.70:1 Crawler box and tons more.

2003 Ram 1500 Sport
    6" Fabtech, 35 MTZ's on 17x9 Moto Metals, Hypertech'd HEMI, and other goodies. (Daily driver and tow rig)

86Ford Guest
    its a very good looking truck! it looks way too good to be sitting in my drive!

Show truck? kinda sorta. I only show it at Carlisle once a year. Other wise it's driven every day (well not ATM cause it's not legal, needs some work) on the street. I used to offroad it alot. But I ain't been out in about a year and last time was just a cruise up around tower rd. nothing serious. up till a year and ahlf before I wheeled the piss outa the thing. Broke or damaged something every weekend. Got sick of fixing it so I stopped. Now that it's lifted, once it's finished, I will probably go in search of some mud, though I think I finally got rid of the last of it this last summer.

Scott, don't forget the clumps of mud inside to the truck on the door, back window, seat, and back wall of the cab I armoralled around the mud inside the truck

Here is some pics from back in the day.

86Ford Guest
    much much better! thats the way we like em!

8. looks way too nice to be mudding with it. but looks cool
    \/~ROB~\/
    96 5.9L ctd long bed standard cab 4x4 pump turned up and guages
    92 4.0L Ranger 4x4(dead)
    79 6.6L F150 4x4 3 inch body, 4 inch suspension, msd ignition, elec. fuel pump, 38" tsls
    93 2.8L Sonoma 2wd(sold)

BUDGET BOGGERS OFFROAD
    http://www.geocities.com/sealops2000/BudgetBoggers.html

thanks, but thats kinda why I stopped. I was damaging or breaking something everytime I went out. It got to the point it wasn't much fun anymore and I got tired of always fixing everything. No matter where I looked I found mud. I spent the better part of a day this last summer (as I did before many times but with it lifed it was eiser getting under it) hosing out the underside. I think I finially got it all. Its pretty much a street truck now. I drive it every day, show 1 or 2 times a year. But it's still used as a truck for hauling and stuff. It has plenty of scars from wheeling, dents, DEEP scratches, etc and that is fine, I just don't want anymore. Now if I find a place that is easy to get too with good mud, I my do that again, but for te most part, no more offroading. No trail running anyhow.

If I get an itch for that, I'll gt something more tail worthy (aka a pos)

Thread Information